Saturday, August 9, 2008

Time Zones

One perk about living in Singapore is the fact that we are in the same time-zone as China. Most of the time, this isn't a huge advantage, but when it comes to the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics, it is. Josh and I were able to watch the Ceremonies LIVE last night, but in order to watch them live in CA we would have had to get up at 5AM (which means, we wouldn't have watched them!).

If you didn't get a chance to watch the Ceremonies, you missed out. They were amazing. The choreography was stunning. There were over 4000 dancers/drummers/etc. . . and as far as I could tell, every single one of them carried out a flawless performance. As far as I am concerned, Beijing takes the gold medal for Best Opening Ceremonies.

3 comments:

This and That said...

It's times like these that I wish I had a T.V. =/

christianne said...

I know! This was positively amazing. Kirk and I don't have a TV, so we wouldn't normally have even known the difference . . . but last night we stayed in a hotel and caught the replay of the entire opening ceremonies. We just happened to turn on the TV at the exact moment it was beginning. Score!

We thought about you guys, seeing as you're so close to the actual locale.

I was totally awed by the entire evening's display of precision and beauty.

Jess(ica) said...

I'm jealous. They are pretty much in the middle of the night here in MN! Well, not that bad, but we do have to stay up pretty late to see it "live."